Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Giving Thanks: Siobhan Blackstock

Siobhan (Poole) Blackstock, Delta Gamma Chapter at University of British Columbia, tells us what she has achieved with support from her sisters. 
"During my undergraduate studies at the University of British Columbia I was very fortunate to receive not one, but two scholarships from the Delta Phi Epsilon Educational Foundation. These scholarships allowed me to graduate university debt free, which, in turn, eased the financial burden of completing a postgraduate diploma in Marketing Communications at the British Columbia Institute of Technology.

My education and sorority experiences at UBC, combined with my marketing management studies at BCIT, led to an interesting career path, and one that I had never considered: programming in the education industry. I worked for a number of years in Advancement and Alumnae Relations for an independent all-girls school in Vancouver. I was responsible for planning alumnae and fundraising events, and young alumnae programming. I am now employed with the top think-tank in Canada planning and executing education awards galas and economic workshops for teachers across North America.

I don’t know if I would be where I am today if I didn’t have the extra financial support from Delta Phi Epsilon, which allowed me to study what I truly love and take the time to discover an incredibly fun and interesting career."

No comments:

Post a Comment